Let’s look at some daily habits and activities that can help renew and replenish our spiritual energies during the day. And help you have a more Positive Day.
There are moments in each of our lives when our vibrational energies might feel in the wrong place, when we might feel like we’re at the wrong vibration level. We’d understand through feelings, or as positive or negative sensations. These feelings are part of life and it’s easy to understand them if we listen.
Sometimes our energy levels are like a piggy bank of our ability to cope. Our daily struggles may take away from our reserves, our piggy bank of spiritual energy, but here are some ways we can top it up.
#Tip 1: Schedule some time for yourself.
This may be an open-ended idea but it’s a very important one. So many of us are thoughtful people who put others first, particularly if we’ve got responsibilities over little ones or if we’re caring for a partner. These responsibilities are important but it’s also important to maintain your responsibility to yourself and show some self-kindness.
Believe it or not, the more you take self care, the more positive vibes and energy you have for your loved ones. This is why it’s so very important that you take time for yourself, because nurturing your positivity, and learning how to feel vibrational energy, can spread a positive influence throughout your family. It starts with those closest to you but, with time, may even reach your extended family and your friends.
Setting time aside each day gives you a space to ask yourself, how are you doing? It also makes sure you’ve got time for many of the self-healing practices from this article. There’s no right or wrong way to use this time, so you could just sit and reflect on the day and the sort of energies around you. Understanding your own energy is an important first step to attracting more positive energy and to becoming that magnet to the law of attraction. Space, attention, and self-care let abundance and positive energy come into our lives, and allow our own positivity to reach the ones we love…
#Tip 2: Keep a journal.
A journal can be a very important step to releasing negativity and working on fully understanding the emotions of the day, and it’s one of the most subtle ways of relaxing the mind and body.
If your muscles are tight, you might seek a physio to work through the knots. A journal can do something very similar to your psyche, allowing you to gently tease out threads of your own thoughts and feelings. We talked about negative energy in our recent eBook, Good Vibes: Living a more confident life, including how we may hold negativity by habit, but we can also consciously release it.
One important way to release our feelings is to express them, and to do that we can write negative thoughts and feelings down on paper. This allows negative energy to flow onto the page and you might find that afterwards you feel a lot better.
It’s not easy to start but with a little practice anyone can get it flowing. The key is to write without judgement because there’s no right way to do this. You could even start by writing about how hard it is to start, because if that’s what you’re experiencing then that’s what you should express. Remember to relax when you write and start slowly. Write a little bit at first, then maybe a little more when it feels right. With some practice, it can be a powerful way to cleanse negative emotions of events in your past, and help you let go. Just like a flowing river can wear away something tough like rock, it won’t happen overnight, but keeping a journal can help you break down the toughest emotions from your past.
Is the mind body connection scientific? Well, we can vouch for the spiritual benefits of journaling and the University of Rochester has also recently talked about the psychological benefits of journaling. More and more studies are being done that show us how a positive mindset can lead to good mental and physical health.
#Tip 3: Rearrange your home to maintain a positive flow of energy
Rearranging your ornaments can be a powerful way to make sure your home environment is in tune with the spiritual energies that you want to attract into your life. Before we look at some tips straight from Feng Shui, let’s bear a few principles in mind. First, make sure you can move freely throughout your rooms… you might want to re-arrange your furniture or just de-clutter. Second, look at some of the objects you have and ask yourself how you feel about them, if they bring good vibrations then they’re in the right place, if they don’t you might want to pass them on to someone else. Thirdly, rearrange your crystals until they feel right; this may be something you do more than once as you begin to understand them better and become more sensitive to them.
Some tips from Feng Shui:
- Never hang mirrors near the front door, or you might bounce back positive energy entering your home.
- Keep your kitchen clean and functional. In Feng Shui, your stove is an important symbol of abundance so should be kept clean. Make sure your kitchen table is clear and has a space for people to work because it’s a symbol for family love.
- Fill empty spots with plants, they’re a great way to welcome nature and keep the energy flowing. You could also attract positive energy with Feng Shui crystals throughout your home.
- The bedroom is a space to rest and decompress. It’s important to know how to relax mind and body before bed, so leave the distractions at the door. This means no electronics in the bedroom. Also, don’t align your bed with the door so you can avoid catching the energies flowing through the house while you sleep.
- Either remove or fix any broken furniture. We often find ourselves with furniture from different eras, given by people we love, and time to time they may need repair. Make sure our furniture is in good condition, as broken furniture is a symbol that something else in your life is broken and the process of repairing furniture may reveal that to us. The same thing applies to leaking taps and dead lightbulbs – fix them ASAP. It’s also a good idea to paint often.
#Tip 4: Concentrate on one of the 12 laws every day
Concentrate on one of the 12 laws from our eBook, “Good Vibes: Living a more confident life“. The 12 laws are an incredible set of principles that can take your life from what you see before you, perhaps things that you’re tired of or want to change, and welcome possibilities and fulfillment. They’re a road-map of how to strengthen your mind, body, and soul over time. Rome wasn’t built in a day so rather than try all of these at once, we recommend focusing on a different one each day so you can dedicate your time and begin to focus on what each law means, one by one.
Practice either gratitude, forgiveness or acceptance. These are something that we feel, but they can also be something that we do. These instructions are all about manifesting things that we understand but don’t yet see or feel. Sometimes it can be hard to forgive, sometimes it can be hard to accept, and sometimes it can be hard to be grateful when we have stress or doubt in our lives. It’s just one of the effects of anxiety on the body and mind.
We’ve found the practice of gratitude to be a very powerful way to connect with the energy of abundance because concentrating on the good things around you can help attract more of the same. We’ve talked about how energy attracts like energy, that positive energy welcomes more positive energy. You can do this by remembering the things you’re grateful for, or even writing about them. I find practicing gratitude is one of the best ways to feel good about myself.
We’re a big believer in the spiritual benefits of gratitude, and research from the University of Berkeley has also found gratitude to have deep psychological benefits.
#Tip 5: Choose jewelry or a gemstone to power your day
You can carry a crystal to aid your self-belief and positive energy throughout the day, perhaps in the form of a pendant, broach or even a small gemstone token in your bag. You can discover the best crystal to wear every day through practice. In Good Vibes: Living a more confident life, we talked about how crystals can be an important aid to your meditation. Crystals work with your own personal vibrations and can attune to you as you spend time with them. As you become more familiar and sensitive to a particular crystal, you may find that its energy resonates sympathetically with your own, and the more you feel this the better able that crystal may be to aid you throughout the day.
#Tip 6: Have a foot spa or soak
Some things are just simple and effective, and a foot spa is one of them. We use our feet to take us everywhere and they’re taking our weight all day. The stress of our body runs through them so that’s why it’s important to take care of them, and what better way to do that than a foot spa. You can also try a foot soak by filling a bowl with warm water and adding some essential oils.
Four popular essential oils include:
- Tee tree oil, which is good at removing foot odors
- Peppermint oil for a cooling effect
- Lavender oil for dry, cracked feet
- Eucalyptus oil which works great on muscle pain
#Tip 7: Practice letting go of the past.
Sometimes we hang onto items because we can’t let go of their associations with the past. Letting go can be freeing and often when an object is difficult to discard, we may still be working through the emotions we associate with it. One way to deal with this is to have a spring clean and carefully think about whether we’d benefit more from keeping an item or letting it go. Ask yourself what energy the object has for you. If you feel that you don’t want it but it might be useful later, you could always put it in storage.
#Tip 8: Have a facial to cleanse and remove any unwanted toxins or negative energy
Everyone has days when they could use a detox so why not make that day today? Our skin might get dull or dry due to daily life, due to eating too much food we shouldn’t have, or just as a symptom of stress. When your vibrations are off, your skin will tell you, so it’s a good idea to keep your skin in great condition with a facial. A facial before bed is always a good idea but you can also try a full detox bit by bit throughout a week.
Four steps for facial cleansing
- Cleanser – A week-long detox should feature cleansing both morning and night. Choose a cleanser according to your skin type: for drier skin, choose an oil cleanser in the morning and foam cleanser at night for hydration. For oilier skin, choose a water-based gel for both morning and night.
- Steam – Once your skin has been cleansed, it is important to steam your skin and allow the ingredients to penetrate pores. You can use a steam generator but it’s just as easy to put boiling water in a bowl and put your face above it while draping a towel over your head. Ten minutes of steaming should be more than enough to open up your pores.
- Mask – A clay or mud mask can help draw out impurities. Dilute the mask with warm water and apply to the face, making sure to cover all the important areas. Leave the mask on until soft, rather than totally dried so it doesn’t dry out your skin. If choosing a weekly detox, apply the mask every other day.
- Serum – Use a serum twice daily, once in the morning and once at night. Serums are a great way to hydrate and moisturize deep into the skin. It’s a good idea to follow a serum with a moisturizer and sunscreen if you plan on going out, and night routines can feature a moisturizer and a mask instead.
As well as all these steps, it’s really important to drink lots of water to make sure you’re hydrated inside out. Many people ask ‘does looking good build confidence’ but the secret is that confidence makes you look good, and we find this routine is great for inner confidence.
#Tip 1: Meditate daily.
Meditation has a variety of purposes. One is to calm racing thoughts, and another is to set a baseline of relaxation that will help you understand the background tension in your life. If you’ve never meditated before, a good way to start may be to find a quiet place where you can sit and close your eyes. Breathe slowly, and concentrate on your breathing. There is no goal to meditation, you’re just in the moment. Think of nothing and make sure to breathe slowly. If your mind wanders to things outside the moment, simply return your attention back to things that are only in the present.
Many ask ‘does meditation build confidence’ and we think that it builds that and far more. When you undertake meditation, you’re sending a message to the universe that you are ready to let calm and serenity into your life. You deserve it. You do…
A final thought
These are all great ways to show self-care and begin a path that welcomes abundance into your life. The more you practice these, the more you will build an awareness of your personal energy and the energy around you. Making these ideas into habits is a great step towards a more spiritual mindset that aligns the energies.
As well as welcoming abundance into our own lives, our own energies will begin to reach out and influence those around us. Even if that isn’t obvious at first, we can help bring fulfillment and influence the wider world. The better we understand ourselves, the easier it is to understand we are all connected.